Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Lent

I have never given up anything for Lent before, so I think I will start with a bang. I am going to try and give up MOST processed foods. There will be a few exceptions, like Mineral Water, Wine, Beer, and Alcohol in moderation, Organic Dark Chocolate, and processed foods that provide a health benefit to compensate for it not being in it's original state. I can have some condiments like Mayo and Mustard and Salsa, but if I can make it from scratch, that is what I will try and do. Canned and frozen meats and vegetables are also ok, though if I can get organic and fresh, that is preferred. ABSOLUTELY NO white flour, HFCS, white rice, white pasta. ABSOLUTELY no artificial ingredients or chemical names in the product! I also plan to limit my carbs a bit - not go Atkins crazy, but still try and find something besides a starch to round out my meals until Easter.

Wish me luck ... and send me hopeful wishes that the scale really shows the changes!

No comments: